Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's right with America ?

16 July 2008 : Headlines across the nation speak of the doom and gloom for our futures.

Well, I beg to differ. But I'm an optimist. I figure, why start your day with a bad attitude.

Capitalism is self cleansing. The most able to adapt always seem to survive and prosper. It will be through American entrepreneurs, the risk takers, the idea guys, that whole new businesses will take root and blossom.

Yes we have some tough times and challenges ahead of us. But tough times also point to new opportunities and that's when American ingenuity really shines.

“We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

And remember ... attitude is everything!

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.”

Quotes by Charles "Chuck" Swindoll, American writer and clergyman

No comments: